Iowa HIMSS is thinking INSIDE the Box!
Click here to register now!
Due to COVID-19, Iowa HIMSS is thinking INSIDE the Box this November!
Starting on November 4th until November 28th we have a packed conference schedule of live speakers, networking, and On-Demand access to speaker presentations. Register by October 20th to receive your conference kit with your tee-shirt, door prize tickets, snacks and other conference surprises!
Join us online on Wednesday, November 4, 2020 from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM CST for the new board members introductions and our opening Keynote Speaker.
Back by popular demand, Adele Allison of SS&C will be presenting Essentials of Quality and Efficiency Measurement in the Healthcare Datasphere as our keynote presenter LIVE!
Want to connect with fellow Iowa HIMSS Members? Join us for a social event on Wednesday, November 4, 2020 from 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM (with your favorite liquid refreshment!) for an online social event! We will have topics to share and polling questions to keep the conversation going.
Register today and gain access to additional On-Demand Speaker Presentation videos and presentations to view at your leisure. All presenters PowerPoint presentations and recordings will be available to registrants in your Conference Kit.
- Stan Rankin & Lindsey Wisham of Telligen presenting FHIR Survival Guide: Implications for Quality Reporting
- Elliot Holt of nThrive presenting Artificial Intelligence in Health Care: A Cure for Data Pains
- Kelley Haddox of nThrive presenting The Value of Complete Quality Coding Audit
- Tom Barker of Virtual Auditor presenting Automating IT Control Testing
- Ali Pabrai of ecfirst presenting COVID-19 Cyber Defense
- MIchael Parisi, Vice President of Insurance Strategy and Community Development presenting Updates on HITRUST CSF
What else comes in your Conference Kit? Not only will you receive the ability to watch the above sessions on your own schedule, but we will provide sponsor items, snacks and even something to keep your little ones entertained while you gain new knowledge and network with fellow healthcare colleagues!
Looking for CEU's? We will provide a quiz and guidelines for you to verify your knowledge and participation to gain your education units.
Throughout the month of November we have these Virtual Meet-and-Greets presentations:
- November 6, 10:30 am - 11:30 am - IA HIMSS Cybersecurity Roundtable – Ali Pabrai, CEO of ecfirst, Gary Davis of IHA, Aaron Warner, CEO of ProCircula
- November 10, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm - IA HIMSS Scholarship and Membership roundtable
- November 12, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm - IA HIMSS Advocacy/National Advocacy - Stan Rankins, Eric Paul, Valeria Rogers
- November 17, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm - IA HIMSS CAHIMS & CPHIMS with AEP Program - HIMSS
- November 19, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm - IA HIMSS Clinical Challenge Roudtable - Vicki Wickham, Shirly Gusta, Roxy Meneke, Robert Parsons, Jody Gunn and Jay Cannon
- November 23, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm - IA HIMSS President 2020 message – Nick Dreyer
- Introduce recorded OnDemand Speaker, $150
- Sponsors for small groups live event, $100
- Ship Swag items to our Event Planner to be included in conference materials, $100
- One-time, monthly newsletter sponsor spotlight, $400
- Sponsor Overview (up to 5-10 min infomercial) on the IA HIMSS Website for 12 months, $500
More About HIMSS Iowa Chapter
The Iowa Chapter is one of more than 50 regional chapters affiliated with national HIMSS society helping to lead change in the healthcare information and management systems field through knowledge sharing, advocacy, collaboration, innovation and community affiliations. The Iowa Chapter is proud to be celebrating its 14th year in promoting professional growth through continuing education and sharing of information in healthcare information technology, quality and safety concerns. Membership can be obtained automatically by becoming a national member of HIMSS or by joining the local chapter.
HIE Interest Group
Health Information Exchange (HIE) has gained increased focus as a key component of health information technology. To best follow the latest trends and developments in HIE, the Iowa HIMSS Chapter has organized an HIE Interest Group.
This group will meet via webinar and is open to all Iowa HIMSS members interested in learning and sharing information about local and national HIE efforts.
Informational Sharing Chapter members are welcome to post opinions, short articles, and/or reviews they felt would benefit the remaining members within our Web site. If you have read something of interest or want to write an opinion piece that would promote our professional development please submit it to one of the HIMSS Board members. The Board will review for possible posting along with the Board minutes and Speaker presentations.