Nursing Informatics Boot Camp
This course will be presented online.
Thurs, Nov 18th - Fri, Nov 19th
This intensive two day course focuses on current informatics trends and issues in health. It includes content for nurses interested in becoming Certified Informatics Nurses. Other clinical professionals working in informatics may wish to take the course to become exposed to the course topics.
This program is approved for up to 14.5 continuing education (CE) hours for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the Certified Professional in Healthcare Information & Management Systems (CPHIMS) and the Certified Associate in Healthcare Information & Management Systems (CAHIMS).
This course is presented by Susan K. Newbold PhD, RN-BC, FAAN, FHIMSS, FAMIA.
Dr. Newbold is a Healthcare Informatics Consultant, Franklin, TN. She is uniquely qualified to teach this course as she has experience in the vendor, consulting, academic and hospital worlds. Dr. Newbold is Board Certified in Nursing Informatics and initiated the first review course in nursing informatics in 1995. Susan has written numerous publications in Nursing Informatics. She is the HIMSS 2015 Chapter Leader of the Year awarded in 2016. Dr. Newbold is the Recipient of the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing 2019 Virginia K. Saba Nursing Informatics Leadership Award.
- Discuss the scope and standards of nursing informatics practice
- Describe professional practice, trends and issues within the informatics nurse role
- Explore management and leadership issues affecting informatics in healthcare settings
- Identify key concepts in informatics, information technology, information management, knowledge generation and data security
- Consider human factors in relation to information technology systems
- Describe models and theories associated with informatics
- Delineate steps of the system life cycle as it applies to information technology in the health setting
For more information on the NI Exam:
Registration deadline is Nov 4th, 2021.
If notified of a cancellation prior to Nov 4th, a full refund minus a 4% admistrative fee will be issued. No refund will be issued if you cancel after Nov 4th.